Avoid Credit card frauds
With overwhelming use of credit cards, there is a need to keep check on the increasing credit card fraud that is dramatically rising on the internet. Internet users know that it is safe to enter their credit card number on a secure online form rather than giving it in a restaurant to pay off. Research shows that there is increasing number of fraudulent cases where purchases are made by mobile phones on account of credit cards of other persons that are higher than credit card fraud on the internet.
As a rule of thumb, you need to use some common sense and there are some tips that shall help you in avoiding credit card scams:
1. Always keep an eye whenever you use your credit card and get it back quickly if you have given it to some other person and try not to let your card out of your sight.
2. You need to be careful while you give your credit card to someone else and never give your account number over the phone unless you are sure that the company is a reputed one. Also it is not safe to give the credit card number over phone to any company who asks you for the same seeking excuses such as “computer problem”.
3. Don’t give any response to emails asking you to provide your credit card information and emails that ask you to go to a website and verify your personal and credit card information as these are known as “phishing” scams.
4. Don’t provide your credit card information over insecure websites.
5. You should sign your credit card as soon as you receive them and shred all the credit card applications when you receive.
6. You should not write your Pin number on the credit card or anywhere near your credit card.
7. Don’t leave your credit cards and receipts lying all around.
8. You should shield your credit card number so that others who are around you could not copy or capture it on a mobile phone or camera.
9. Always keep the list of your account numbers and expiry dates and phone numbers along with addresses of each bank issuing you a credit card at safe places. You need to update this list each time you get one new credit card.
10. Try to carry only those credit cards that you require and don’t carry extra credit cards that you need rarely.
11. You should promptly open your credit card bills and make sure that there is no bogus charge involved. You should also treat your credit card bill in the same way as you check your accounts and reconcile it monthly. Save your receipts so that you can compare them with monthly bills.
12. In case, you find any charges for which you don’t have a receipt or one you don’t recognize you need to report these charges to the credit card issuer.
13. You should destroy and void incorrect receipts and shred anything with your credit card number written upon it.
14. Don’t sign a blank credit card receipt and you can carefully draw a line through the blank portions of the receipts where there is chance to add any fraudulent charges.
15. Even though carbon paper is not much in use but if there is any carbon used in a credit card transaction you should destroy it immediately.
16. Don’t write your credit card account number in a public place for example a postcard or from a place that it is evident to others.
17. Its good if you carry your credit cards separately from your wallet.
18. Never lend your credit card to others and if you move from your existing residence, do notify your card issuer about the change in address.
Visit our recommended website credit-card-debt-consolidation-guide.info.
Bad Credit Credit Card - Research The Company
When you have a bad credit score obtaining a credit card can be some what more difficult. A lot of credit card companies will not approve your request. This then will make finding a bad credit, credit card extremely important. Now when you are applying for a credit card there are several important factors you need to consider.
First, if you have bad credit and are now in a better financial situation do not make the mistake of applying for every credit card offer there is. Your credit score will lower with every credit card request. To eliminate to many inquires, reduce your selections down to two or three companies that specialize in bad credit. The reason for this is that the likely-hood of being accepted is much better than it would be with a regular credit card company. This is a great first step in bringing your credit score back up to an acceptable level.
Before applying or accepting any offers from a credit card Company, it is always a good idea to research that company well and other various offers to compare. Most companies are attempting to help you change your situation, but there are some companies out there that use this as a time to take advantage of your already bad situation and use it for their benefit. Unfortunately, normally you will not be able to obtain a low interest rate credit card at first but some are still better than others when it comes to a bad credit credit card.
You will want to be sure to read all the disclosures and other info in regards to any user fees, penalties, and other possible costs. As an example; if you are applying for a secured card you need to open a savings account with that particular bank. This amount varies and will be the collateral for your credit card. So your credit limit will be the same as your savings account balance and if you do not pay the bank then they can claim it. In addition to the deposit most will have start-up fees, an annual fee and maybe a monthly service fee. Many companies will charge these fees to your credit card so you already have a balance before you actually receive the card.
You will probably not be able to do away with all the extra fees, such as above, that are associated with these types of credit cards. But if you read all the information from several companies you should be able to find the lowest interest rate and least amount of fees.